Monday, November 9, 2015

Entwined By Harper Miller



Title: Entwined 
Author : Harper Miller 
Genre: Erotica and Interracial/Multicultural Romance




After twenty years of devotion to Uncle Sam, I called it quits. I was wired and looking to get into some trouble. Trouble found me all right, in the form of a hot-bodied fox. 


Little did I know how much she’d rock my world.


The names are all fake, details have been fudged, but you’ll get the gist of what went down. 


You’re getting one hell of a tale. This is my story.



*Disclaimer* This is a novelette. Not a short story, novella, or novel. This story features an F/F/M ménage à trois scenario. If ménage stories are not your cup of tea and you are easily offended by threesomes and lesbian sex, you should bypass this story. Content is intended for a mature audience, 18+.


Entwined is the third installment in The Kinky Connect Chronicles. The Kinky Connect Chronicles are short erotic stories/novelettes all wrapped up in neat little bows. These stories are standalones. No cliffhangers in the lot! 


© Harper Miller 2015 

Her screen name reminded me of that Beastie Boys tune “She’s Crafty.” I liked her direct approach. Cosplay? That was unusual, but hey, I had attended Comic-Con International back in 2013 after my trip to Hawaii—right before I left for Germany—and boy, was it an experience. Tons of hot women in spandex, body paint, and barely-there costumes; Comic-book characters and superheroes are a lot sexier than you’d think.  

Since she said she was looking for the boy-next-door type, I’m guessing she meant clean-cut. If so, I was right up her alley. My years in the military led me down a narrow and regimented path. I didn’t drink, much; I certainly didn’t do drugs. I guess compared to her, I might’ve looked boring. Aside from two tattoos—a tiger that took up most of my right shoulder and upper arm, and the Hawaiian word Kākou on my left bicep that I got about a year after I joined the military—there wasn’t anything edgy about me. But I wouldn’t know if I was her type until I took the first step and messaged her.  

I’ll admit I hesitated. We seemed like opposites. Based on looks alone, we were so different. Her, a black woman with an unorthodox style, and me a Polynesian-and-white guy with an athletic build. I certainly wasn’t as fashion-forward and daring with my attire as she seemed to be. All I needed was a cool opening line to get her attention. Show her that the clean-cut “unassuming” boy next door can lay pipe just the way she liked it if given a chance. 

I knew what I was bringing to the table. She’d never forget me. 

I clicked on the box next to her username and composed my message before hitting send. Nothing heavy, just an icebreaker—an icebreaker that was certain to make an impression. 

Sgt4U: Knock knock. 

About a two minutes passed before she replied. 

CraftyBabexXx: Hmm, I’ll play along. Who’s there? 
Sgt4U: Orange. 
CraftyBabexXx: Orange who? 
Sgt4U: Orange you glad someone had the balls to be original on this thing? 

There was a long pause. My lame joke was funny in my head. Maybe it didn’t translate well in a text format. Hey, I should have at least gotten points for being unique. 












When Harper first starting promoting this book and the subject matter I was a little turned off. (I am little selfish with my man so sharing isn’t an option) But to each their own. I will say don’t let the subject matter detour you from clicking this book there is a twist that will have you rereading the book just for clues you may have missed along the way.

The first page of this book let me be honest did make me cringe a little because of all the “guy” talk but once you get pass that JT is very funny and how he refers to finally releasing his “tension” is pretty funny. One thing that this book does well is using pop culture, and social references in the book which I loved. JT is finally released from the Marine Corp and on the hunt for some fun. Trying to connect with others who enjoy his alternative lifestyle isn’t easy so he joins kinky singles connect (sound familiar?) There he meets Gabrielle. Their instant messages are funny and full of heat. If anyone has ever online dated these messages and the whole process will sound vaguely familiar in some context.

I did enjoy the flashback scenes on how these two met and became a couple. I think there is more to this story. For me the story just ended abruptly and I wanted more from the epilogue. I was a little turned off by the fact that Jake kept referring to woman by what’s between their legs. (I kept thinking is she a cat or kitten?)  It was funny that Jake wanted this little “surprise” but couldn’t last as long as he wanted it to. Harper putting that in the story made it a little more real for me. How many times in these stories you hear men can go all night? I am glad she made these characters a little more real. Although this story is short it packs a might punch. I just felt somewhere the story fell a little short and it was all happening so quickly leading up to this big moment that the two characters were referring to. I know this is a short read but I felt it was lacking in some areas. All in all I am glad I gave this story a chance. Please judge this book for yourselves and not based on this one review. 





Harper Miller is a thirty-something native New Yorker. She's traveled the world and lived in a variety of places but always finds her way back to the Big Apple. A lackluster love life leaves time to explore new interests, for Harper it is writing. The Sweetest Taboo: An Unconventional Romance is her debut novel. In her mind the perfect Alpha male possesses intellect, humor, and a kinky streak that rivals the size of California. When she isn't writing, Harper utilizes her graduate degree in the field of medical research. She enjoys fitness-related activities, drinking copious amounts of wine, and going on bad dates.


Amazon Author Page  (get notified when Harper releases a new book)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading, posting and reviewing CoCo! <3

    ReplyDelete