Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Pursuit of Happiness By D.A. Young





When I first heard about this author it was from fellow blogger @musingsirj Now I will be the first to tell you that we agree to disagree on books BUT she did not lead me wrong when told me that author D.A. Young was the truth. Remember the days of getting a fully developed story? When I tell you ladies this author is that and more. Her Men of Whiskey Row series has me hooked and I cannot wait for the next installment.

The latest book in this growing series is The Pursuit of Happiness this is Darby and Ms. Avery story. In the last book ( New Beginnings)  we were left with quite a cliffhanger. This story picks up where that one left off. Let me tell you I absolutely loved this story.
Darby was known as the wild child, the love them and leave them type. At the beginning of this story we get a little flashback on how his past helped shaped the man he is today. I will admit Darby was a playboy but meeting the spicy Ms. Avery has turned his world upside down.

Ms. Avery is a woman wanting to break free of the self-imposed prison she is in. Darby makes her want to be the woman she has always dreamed of becoming but insecurities has stopped her. Darby has a lot of baggage including a few surprises but can Ms. Avery ride it out with him?


I loved that even though these two had their issues as readers we got to see them work through them and develop their relationship. One issue I had is that although this book is a series the author does focus on all the characters and just when you are starting to get into one characters storyline it’s a transition to the next character. Don’t get me wrong I love catching up with all the characters but if this is to be a story about two characters the main focus needs to be on them. Because this series has a few characters each with great stories that need to be told I think the author could benefit from a family tree. With all the anguish between Alexi & ViVi I would love to see more how this storyline was going to play out. ( I know, I know their story is coming, but I am on pins & needles with the bombshell that just dropped). I did love the meeting in the chop shop with three of the main characters. D.A. Young knows how to keep the readers interested and on the edge of their seat. I cannot wait to see how this all will play out. Readers if you are looking for a well told story with depth and layers please one click this author. You will not be disappointed. Please read this book for yourselves and not based on this one review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment