Monday, May 2, 2016

Same Page By G.L. Tomas






I absolutely loved this book by the Twinjas as this sister duo likes to call themselves. It was a mix of urban realness. Naima and Timothy getting together wasn’t without complications. One being he had someone and it was a long distance relationship. What I know about long distance relationships is that communication is key as it is in any relationship but even more essential when you don’t have that day to day communication with the one you love.


One thing I loved about the book that even though Timothy and Naima getting together was wrong due to the fact that he had someone but they were friends first. It wasn’t just lust they had a complicated connection. These authors showed the gritty realness of love, lies, and life. Nothing was sugar coated and at times it was hard to like Naima. This story was fresh and showed narratives that you don’t often see in romance. I loved how both cultures were explored. I will say that I wasn’t a fan of the cheating aspect but I enjoyed how the story unfolded. The ending felt a bit rushed and ended on a cliffhanger. But the good news is the second book is already out and I can’t wait to see the follow-up between these two characters.   Please judge this book for yourselves and not based on this one review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment