Friday, May 15, 2015

Knocked Up By The Bad Boy By: Vanessa Waltz


Synopsis:
The last thing I need is a wife and kid.

The only settling down I do is at night, when I take a girl home to f*ck. I get laid to unwind from the chaos in my life. I live to hear them scream my name, but one night is all they get.

One night was all I needed.

Until I knocked up Maya.

It was supposed to be one night. But one wild night made me want another, and another. I’m addicted to every inch of her body. Now that I have her, I can’t let her go. I thought I never wanted a family, but now I can’t imagine life without one.

Only, there’s a problem.

Her father wants me dead.

I didn’t know she was his daughter.
I don’t give a damn.
She’s mine. Our child is mine. I protect what's mine.
Even if it means war.
 
 
Maya grew up in a prison of a home. Her father is the President of the local MC and has all these rules for how his family should live which is basically not at all. Maya is a wild spirit she knows there is much more to the world then the limited view her father has shown her. Family is everything and outside of family all are considered enemies. What happens when Maya sleeps with public enemy number 1? What’s a girl to do when you never have been loved so good but your family is all you ever known?

Johnny if you remember him from the first book is a bit of jerk. Not that he isn’t in this book but readers get to see more of Johnny as the man instead of the mob boss. He has been married twice and never felt anything for the other women as he has for Maya. He introduces her to a world of freedom sexually and emotionally. Just when he has everything he thought was denied enemies attack and they come in the form of family.

I understand Maya has been sheltered in a sense but when will she stand up for herself? Her father is abusive and her mother just watches and justifies his behavior. When she finally gets free she puts herself back in danger. I really wanted her to get a backbone at some point. She had all this courage with Johnny but nothing when it came to her father who put her through hell. Johnny being the bad boy he is will not tolerate disrespect from anyone and I loved that he stood up for Maya and made her face some harsh truths. The ending felt a bit rushed and the timeline was a little up in the air. One minute she was pregnant then the next scene the kid was 2 years old. I wish as a reader we got to see more of Johnny and Maya as a couple instead of sex scenes after a while they were redundant. This wasn’t my favorite story. I just felt as though it could have been more fleshed out because there was good material it was just glossed over with sex scenes. Please judge this book for yourselves and not based on this one review.

No comments:

Post a Comment