Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stop Posting and Publish!!!!

This is one of those what's up with that posts!

Let me start by saying that a lot of Indie authors do not write full time. For some that is a dream but as of right now many work full time jobs. Social media in my opinion has helped many Indie authors spread the word about their books. But sometimes social media can hurt your rather than help you. I completely understand books being delayed and wanting to get the work just right before you publish. Trust me I prefer you put your best work out instead of something to please fans.


My issue is that so many authors are doing all these posts on social media about personal drama and I really want to say, "save that for the book you are supposed to be publishing." Don't get me wrong I know authors are people as well and have lives. But please create a personal page and stop putting all of your personal business on your author page. It honestly turns fans off more than anything. I personally prefer drama in books.



Everyday its a new post about this that and the third but no book in sight for years. Which begs the question at what point do readers get tired of waiting? Especially if they see their favorite authors flooding timelines but when asked about said book it's nearly finished. This is just my opinion as one blogger and avid reader.

1 comment:

  1. Can I get a witness? I came here to testify. Preach sista, preach! I agree with everything you said. Readers will only put up with so much before they move on to the next one. Give.me.the.book.

    ReplyDelete