Monday, December 11, 2017

Safe Space By Tiffany Patterson

So Kindle Unlimited was recently gifted to me. Like most I was reluctant because it can become so filled with fetish type books. Let me tell you I have been pleasantly surprised with the line-up offered.  I have read books by Author Tiffany Patterson before but honey this series Safe Space, is everything!!!! First let me say its AA and deals with abuse, growth and a type of love that you can feel is your soul. 


Ladies if you are looking for a holiday treat please one click this one. You will not be disappointed. I was so into the story I read both in a day. One of the things I loved about this story is that we got to see the characters grow. Chanel is a strong independent woman. One who has several demons she has yet to fully confront. Connecting with Xavier has challenged them both to accept their pass and build for the future. I loved that the author kept this story real and I will be honest a few times I did cry. I loved how the issues of abuse and acceptance were handled. Don’t get me wrong this story isn’t all serious, the love scenes alone can heat up any night. Check out the books below.


 Synopsis....

*****THIS IS BOOK 1 IN THE SERIES. THIS BOOK ENDS ON A CLIFFHANGER*****

Chanel


Xavier Grant was everything a woman could want. He was a successful restaurateur and club owner and has the looks of a God with the sex appeal to back it all up. I’d had a crush on him since my early teenage years. Now, here I am thirty years old, after having just moved back to my hometown of Houston and finding myself still lusting over this man. So how did I handle this growing attraction? Like any self-respecting, professional woman who’d had her heart broken numerous times by the men in her life, I ran. I tried to ignore the sparks that flew whenever we were in the same room as one another. I have my reasons. Xavier was one of the most eligible bachelors in the city with women clamoring for his attention. Aside from that, he was my brother’s best friend, practically family—certainly treated more like family than I was. No, I didn’t need those types of problems. My best bet was to steer clear of Xavier Grant. 


Xavier 


Chanel had grown into a beautiful woman. Any man with eyes could see that. But, she was my best friend’s little sister. I had no intentions of taking it past looking until she walked into one of my restaurants one night looking a little distraught. There was something pulling me to her. Something was telling me she needed me. Usually, I’m not into being needed by a woman. I do my thing and don’t bother getting too serious, but I couldn’t ignore this pull I had to her. And when I see the danger she puts herself into helping one of her clients, my protective instincts come out. I want her. And no one, not my friendship with her brother or her father is going to stop that. Except, maybe her. 




Synopsis...

Love gained.
Love lost.
Or was it? 
Chanel

I thought I finally had found my happy. Yes, I lied about my past to Xavier, but I never suspected it would blow up in my face the way it did. Now he’s gone, won’t answer my calls, and now, I’m left with nights plagued by nightmares, and that’s only when I’m able to get to sleep at all. I’m pretty sure Xavier and I are over, but why does that revelation cause my chest to ache, and the world to feel like it’s spinning off its axis? I’m all too familiar with rejection. I know I’ll get through this just like I got through every rejection in my past. I hope. 

Xavier

Yes, I left. But not for the reasons I gave. Yes, Chanel lied about her past, but that I can get passed. It’s my own anger that scares me. The thought of losing yet another woman I love at the hands of another man was too much to bear. I needed to get away and focus on work, but Chanel is never far from my mind. I know we’ll see each other again…eventually. And when we do, I know I’ve got some explaining to do. We both do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment