Monday, October 31, 2016

Dirty By Belle Aurora




Title: Dirty
Series: RAW Family #2
Author: Belle Aurora
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: October 31, 2016


Blurb

My marriage seemed perfect from the outside looking in.
People envied me. They wanted my life, wanted to be me.

Mrs Alejandra Gambino.
Wife of Dino Gambino. Daughter of Eduardo Castillo.
Respected. Loved. Mob royalty.

They had no idea of the horrors that lurked behind closed doors.
They didn't know I was at the lowest point a person could reach.

Enter Julius Carter.
Aloof, handsome, blue-eyed Julius Carter.

He saved me.
I screwed him over.

Now everybody was after me. My life was forfeit.
It was only a matter of time. I was a dead woman walking.

The question was, who would get to me first?






PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS





AUTHOR BIO

Belle Aurora is twenty seven years old and was born in the land down under.

At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown's Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.

Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love.

Humorous romance novels.

Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles.

Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February 2013 Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love.

With words.
With writing.
With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.

Friend-Zoned is the first in the Friend-Zoned series. Keep an eye out for this cheeky author.


AUTHOR LINKS








First let me say that I loved Raw and have impatiently waited for the sequel. I will say that even though it has been years since we were first introduced to Twitch and the gang the author does do a good job of providing sufficient background information for those readers who needed a refresher. I honestly felt this book should have come with some sort of warning. Even though Raw briefly touched on some of the issues explored in Dirty. This book took it there and as a reader I felt like I needed a bit of aftercare when reading about some of the subject matter. One thing that the author did do well is make this a book about survival. From the beginning the author addresses issues like rape culture, homophobia, and racism. She does mention the old adage that many women hear when growing up and that’s the worse a boy treats you the more he likes you. ( I hate that adage and abuse isn’t love no matter how you swing it)

Alejandra (Ana) is a devoted wife. She wears the mask of any abused woman. Trapped with no way out until the day Julius Carter makes an entrance.  We all have secrets but what do you do when you finally break and the only way out is death? Ana was a mixed bag for me. She reminded me of one of those Snapped stories you watch on T.V. Her husband is abusive in more ways than one. But because he is a mafia Don she can’t just leave him. No she has to wait and plan. Except fate stepped in and she makes an accusation that haunts her.

Julius can’t seem to figure Ana out. It’s something about her maybe the brokenness they both share. He is not the best man but he is a fair man. He had to learn to fight early on in life and keeping Ana will give him the fight of his life.  Julius (Jay) is loyal and is devoted to his family. I did like the show of humanity in him when he dealt with his family. One thing I enjoyed about the complexity of each character is that the author provided flashbacks into their past.

Now we all remember Ling! I will say that in this book I have grown to like her. She is a hot mess but one with a heart. She is misguided but added a little humor to the story at times. I really thing she needs her own story. Just the glimpses of her past I would love to read about more of this character.

Ladies, Twitch is back and he has a plan to get back everything that was taken from him. This story was more so Julius and Ana story with Twitch and his mission sprinkled in. I really didn’t understand his plan except his need to protect his family. I was a little disappointed that this story didn’t seem as if there were any sort of finality to it. The bonus scene was one that was posted a while ago on Goodreads. So it felt like nothing new except the fact fans got to see their favorite characters making moves again. I felt like the Twitch scenario dragged on a little too long throughout the book. I realize we are dealing with deep seated issues in this book so of course they need to be explored but it was almost as if the characters were repeating themselves.  I was wondering when Twitch would stop playing his mind games and focus on Lexi and about mid-way through we finally got to see that. I will say that there are plenty of explosive moments in this book I just felt like I wanted more since we waited so long. All in all this book wasn’t my favorite and would have liked some sort of warning when dealing with all the issues explored in this book. Readers please judge this book for yourselves and not based on this one review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment