Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Until June By Aurora Rose Reynolds






I absolutely love this series. And am so excited that now we are moving along to the women in the family. Watching them all find there, “boom” is like catching up on the latest family gossip. This story obviously starts with June and Evan. The two were previously married and because of past demons found it difficult to stay together.

June is very sassy. She isn’t the average damsel in distress type chick. Although granted in the beginning of this story she finds herself on the wrong side of the law. I won’t reveal too much but let’s just say June sure can pick them. Because of her situation she finds herself right back in the crossfires of her former husband. Evan is the strong silent type. He’s one to never giving much a way but he loves June fiercely and has gone through great lengths to protect her not only from himself but any other danger out there.

With June & Evan I honestly didn’t feel much of a connection between the two characters. I think it’s because they had this relationship previously and as a reader I wanted more of “flashbacks” of their time together. When we meet the two the relationship is already established and they are trying to find their way back to love. As a reader I wanted more insight on how they got together. Granted the author does about 40% in get down to rawness of why Evan left her. At times I felt like nothing was happening i.e. the intruder incident as soon as it happened it was quickly dismissed. One of the highlights for me was the girls all getting together for a night of fun and laughs.

Although I do enjoy this series this story was a bit slow at times. As I was reading I was waiting for something anything to happen it felt as though it was dragging everything was described including her bedding, the cars, bikes, etc. With the other stories I felt like it was more development and build up with the characters. For instance, in this story Evan gets drunk says some things and June apologizes, gets drunk and they are in bed together and working on one day at a time. For me I felt like something was missing or I just wasn’t getting “connection.” I will say that I am very much so looking forward to Ashlyn’s book. This book may have not been my favorite in the series but it doesn’t take away from the fact that this is a great writer and I look forward to reading the other stories in the series. Please judge this book for yourselves and not based on this one review.

No comments:

Post a Comment