Thursday, March 5, 2015

Married To The Bad Boy (Mafia Romance) By: Vanessa Waltz

 
 
Summary
 
No one in their right mind marries a bad boy...

I’m a player. A man-whore. Whatever the hell you want to call it, I get around. During the day, I crack heads and extort businesses. At night, I find girls to f*ck. I live to hear them moan for me, but one night is all they get. No one ever made me want more. Until her.
Elena.
The moment her lips wrapped around me, I was done. All day, I think about running my tongue all over those curves.
Too bad those curves are off limits. She's running from a man who will kill me for touching her.
Well, she's tired of running and needs my help.
She thinks I'm doing it for money.
I'm doing it to make her mine.
 
 
 
 
 

Tony is a bad boy who is used to getting what he wants especially from women. He lives for two things women and money and in that order. He thinks with his sex and the rest is just a game. Tony has a rule when it comes to women: “never sleep with them twice.” But what happens when you meet that one that makes you rethink all the rules?
Elena the ultimate mafia princess knows how the game works. You don’t choose the life it chooses you and a rat or anyone associated with a rat is the lowest thing. She’s involved with a connected man Rafael. He is obsessed with Elena and very abusive. Like most women in abused relationships Elena wants help but doesn’t see her way out. In this life everyone turns a blind eye. Tired of being put off and fearing for her life Elena plays the game and the men in it to her advantage.
 Desperate to forget and needing help Elena gives Tony a chance to prove all the wonderful nasty things he can do to her. Sometimes playing can turn into reality.
On the run from her abusive ex Elena uses sex as a weapon to employ Tony’s help but he’s no idiot. Like I said in this life there are rules but everyone knows there are exceptions to every rule. Her only means of protection is to get married to a made guy. Not realizing their game and lies will snowball into something serious Tony and Elena fight with everything they have to protect their growing romance.
This story in my opinion was majority sex scenes and not a great balance between that and character interaction and development. For instance whenever something happened in the story the next scene was a sex scene to follow. I found some of the characters behavior and actions to be questionable and contradictory. i.e. Elena goes from a very abusive relationship to Tony who manhandled her. Does she not have any fear? She says, “He's a bad boy but I know he will never raise a hand to me. Well you know what I mean." Huh?
Also if you are running away from your abusive ex why keep your phone on and not get a prepaid one? It doesn’t make sense to go through all that trouble to hide from him and to make all these silly mistakes. She’s afraid of Rafael but meets with him several times unprotected and even goes back to her apartment by herself. The same apartment she was afraid to go back to so she asked Tony to stay the night. I just found this story to have a few inconsistencies.
The scenes where Tony and Elena get to know each other I enjoyed because they were few and far between. Elena was a bit annoying because she kept making silly decisions. I understand giving the situation your wits aren’t about you. But when Rafael threatens her with jail time and he’s a part of Vince’s crew did she not think it was a bluff? I mean really you don’t think the cops are watching a made man?
For me this wasn’t one of my favorite books from this author. I loved her Vittario crime series but this book fell a little flat for me. It just randomly ended. I wanted a little more of a follow-up. I just felt this was a rushed job. But what I don’t particularly care for others may love. Please judge this book for yourselves and not based on this one review.



2 comments:

  1. I'll take a look at her Vittario series. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete