Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Forever True ( The Story of Us) By: Gwendloyn Grace

First let me say that I just discovered this author and she is very talented and weaves a good story. If you haven’t read the first story you need to get it right now it’s free on Amazon and Smashwords. Forever True is basically a long-ish epilogue and continuation of Alex and Court’s story.

I will admit when I first read True I was hesitant stories about infidelity can go either way. But the author doesn't place blame or tries to make one person the victim she tells this story as two married people with kids going through the day to day livings but along the way there is a shift. True is about the shift that happens. And what a story it is. I found myself questioning what would I do or how would I feel. That's what good stories do they leave you with these thoughts of what if. Forever True is a story I think needed to be told. After reading the first story I thought there was more to these characters. I know often times when author's write a continuation some of the originality is lost but with this story it is not so. As to not give much a way fans do get their HEA.

This is a story of second chances. Alex & Court have reconciled and gotten re-married. Even though this is a second chance story it is not without its issues and strife. Every relationship has its up and downs but what do you do when you keep taking the hits when you are trying to stay together? Do you call it quits or try to work through it because you love the other person?
We get to see this couple back together and work through their issues from the first book. Let’s face when you truly love someone no matter what the heart wants what it wants. Court & Alex have their fair share of problems but like without every couple communication is key. Can this couple stay together despite Alex’s secret?

Although this story is a reconciliation story it wasn’t without its passion. The author knows how to write a love scene and keep the readers engaged. The characters were well developed and the story flowed together nicely. I look forward to reading more from this author. If you haven’t read the first book go get it now and please leave a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment